Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 9th


Today was fabulous. We had class then went and grabbed lunch. I love the markets here, you can get containers of fresh fruit like pomegranate seeds and blueberries 2 for 2 pounds...YUM! The "fast food" here is fresh, prepackaged salads and sandwiches. Then we went to The National Portrait gallery. I LOVED IT. I wish I lived here way back when so bad! Or now. It rained most of the day and was super windy. We went to China Town and then we went to a matinée showing of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It was so so so SO GOOD! It won like 6 Olivier Awards on Sunday. It was about a boy with autism. The way they depicted what went on in his mind when he had a panic attic was so powerful. And the set was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Afterwards we went and heard a big shot play writer at the National Theatre. He's supposedly really famous and has worked with really famous people...I fell asleep. His accent was great though. Then Mel and I went and had dinner at this cute pizza place and then wandered around London.  




China Town!


Exploring London.

Skate park right by the National.

Temporary part of the National.

Exploring!

The architecture here takes my breath
away every day.



It was so expensive to do my
laundry at the hostel :(

No comments:

Post a Comment