Thursday, March 31, 2011

What They See In You

Something I really want to achieve in my life is seeing in myself what God sees in me. The world promotes self hatred and criticism and it is draining trying to not succumb to these lies. I know some of you may not believe in God, but think of your higher power. I believe a higher power is something or someone who helps you keep going when the only thing you want to do is to stop. My friend's higher power is her daughter. Another's may be the earth or nature. Mine is God. I believe they are all wonderful because life is too hard to go at it alone without something or someone you can rely on no matter what. I'm going to talk about God because that is who I believe in, but feel free to insert your higher power into the next few sentences. I know that God loves me more than I can comprehend.  He sees me for the woman I truly am. He knows the intent of my heart. His love for me is unconditional. How incredible is that? His love for me is perfect, because He is perfect. Wouldn't it be cool if our self hatred (any level of it) could leave and we could see what God sees in us? I hope so bad to one day be able to view myself the way my Heavenly Father views me. Not viewing myself as the coolest thing that has ever walked on this planet, but viewing myself as someone who is ok just the way I am. I want to replace my self criticism for love and respect for myself.  And I believe that with God's help, someday I'll be able to see what He sees in me. Today look in the mirror and try and think what your higher power would think when seeing you- beautiful, perfectly imperfect, you.

 

P.S. “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” Samuel Johson

1 comment:

  1. I love this post just as much as the last one! Every time I read one of your posts I feel so uplifted! Thanks Kenz!

    ReplyDelete