Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Life is Beautiful

I was just reading my friend/co-worker Tara's blog. Tara, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to be talking about your blog and sharing things that you wrote (thank you :-) I found her post here extremely inspiring. You know when something is said to you or you read something that is just what you need? That was this post she wrote. Tara is someone I look up to a lot and someone I strive to be like. I look at her and honestly think "oh what a perfect life she has." When I looked at her post it made me realize that everyone, even Tara, is struggling with something in their life. Wether it is struggling with a bad hair day or the loss of a family member too soon they are all valid struggles.  No one is exempt from trials. One of the general authorities said "bad days always come to an end, and Heavenly promises are always kept." I just want to hug everyone and tell them everything will be alright, because it will. Someday it will be OK. This makes me think of one my favorite songs by Ben Lee. It says: 
"I woke up this morning
I suddenly realized
We're all in this together
I started smiling
'Cause you were smiling
And we're all in this together
I'm made of atoms
You're made of atoms
And we're all in this together.
And long division just doesn't matter
'Cause we're all in this together...yeah"

We are alive and going through the journey of life- this connects every single one of us to every other person on earth. Although my journey is much different than yours and yours is much different than his- we are all on a journey. Thinking about this brings me peace and makes me want to help and support others because as cheesy as it is, in reality, we really are all in this together.  So why not help each other?

I also got this from Tara's blog, and I love it :-)

Thank you Tara for helping me put things in perspective, and for being fabulous. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
Now onto some pictures from my California trip last week. (Thanks mom for a such great trip - it was just what I needed!)

 Tower of Terror

 Asian group with their flag

 Cutest lil cousins in the world!

 Buzz Lightyear! (sorry I cut off your head mom)


 Love you sista! 


 B waited all his life to be tall enough to go on California Screamin' and he finally got to go! This is his pure joy after his first ride on it

Our family's brick outside of Disneyland with gum on it-yummy

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post BaKenz! You rock at life! I love reading your deep thoughts. We miss you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete