Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What Brings You Happiness?

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life."
John Lennon

I believe happiness is the most sought after state of mind in human beings. I am blessed to say I have found a way of living that makes me truly happy. The world and the media tell me differently. They tell me that tangible objects are the things that will make me happy. They tell us that if we were to lose ten lbs then we would really be happy. Or if we had this job, or that car, or if we were only prettier we would actually be happy. Guess what? I've tried to live the way the world has told me to and that is not what brings me happiness. What brings me the most happiness is living true to myself and the things I believe. I receive happiness through my knowledge of my Savior, Jesus Christ and the love he has for me and everyone else. Today I am happy because of the people I surround myself with. I am happy because I accept my flaws (today). I am happy because I am doing things that I love to do. I am happy because I have faith in the things I believe in. The difference between my happiness and the world's happiness is that mine actually lasts. Mine actually brings me true and lasting joy.

Appreciating small things helps to bring me happiness. Like;


and

Watching my roommate surround an annoyingly illegally parked car outside our apartment with trash cans.

and

Smiling at random people and watching them smile back.

Do you know what truly and sincerely makes you happy? 

4 comments:

  1. the trash cans... brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me happy! bahahah! love your roommate! and you kenz :) thanks for all the positivity. :) it actually does make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Kenzi, everytime I read your blog I just get so happy! Thank you for being happy and truly being yourself! You are a freakin doll!

    ReplyDelete