Saturday, April 30, 2011

Someone Like You



Dear you,

I thought I would always love you. I thought I wouldn't ever be able to go an hour without thinking of you. I thought that every time I came home everything would just remind me of you. I thought that you were always going to have that piece of my heart- you still have a place in there, my heart is just whole again. I thought I kept thinking about you because I wasn't over you, but you kept coming to my mind because, until today, I hadn't made peace with that fact that I am OK that it is over between us. Today I still love you, but not the way I did. I still love you because you have helped me become the person I am and you have helped me grow in so many ways. Some of my happiest times were with you, but some of my saddest were because of you. I thought that you still had a part of me but today I realized you don't. It feels foreign to be comfortable with my heart being whole and to think that someone who had such a big part of me for so long doesn't anymore. Today I heard you've moved on. I dreaded this day for so long. I didn't ever really think you would move on, but of course you would. Today I cried when I found out that you've moved on. Not because of the fact that you moved on, but because I was OK with it. Something that I never thought I would be ok with, I was..I am. I wish you the best of luck with everything you do. Thank you for teaching me how to love. I thought that once I "got over you" I wouldn't ever think about you, but how could I not? You were my best friend and lover for so long. You have a special place in my heart. I realized today that even though I still think of you, that doesn't mean I am not over you and haven't moved on, because I will always remember you. When you come to my mind I will think kindly of you and send positive thoughts your way. And then I will move on to my next thought.

Sincerely, me

1 comment:

  1. um its fine. i just cried because of this. at 2:32 am when i can't sleep cause i miss him i read blogs. and yours is beautiful. love you.

    ReplyDelete