Thursday, January 12, 2012

Living the Abundant Life

President Thomas S. Monson


In my church we believe in modern day prophets. Just like Adam and Noah from old. We believe that God talks to us through a living prophet.  Thomas S. Monson, the prophet of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) wrote a magazine article in a monthly LDS (mormon)  magazine (the Ensign) about "Living the Abundant Life" in this new year. It is so encouraging. I love that he quotes Ralph Waldo Emerson and leaders from other churches. You can read this article here.

President Monson said:

"At the advent of a new year, I challenge Latter-day Saints everywhere to undertake a personal, diligent, significant quest for what I call the abundant life—a life filled with an abundance of success, goodness, and blessings. Just as we learned the ABCs in school, I offer my own ABCs to help us all gain the abundant life."

His ABCs were:

  Attitude. Have a positive attitude.


Believe-in yourself.

  Courage. Face Challenges with Courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment