Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bye Florence

Yesterday we woke up and went on a tour of Florence. We went up to where all the old villas are on the hills and to the Piazza Del Michaelangelo. It was raining, but it was still gorgeous. In the spring you can see all the different colors of green before they all lend together in the summer time. It was cool to get a different perspective of Florence and hear more of the history from the tour guide. He asked me if I was a resident..best compliment ever. I learned that one of the Midici's fortresses had cannons facing the people of the city..weird right? I also learned that the Pointe Vecchio has a tunnel from the Uffizi to the Piti Palace. This morning my dad and I got up and climbed up to the top of the Duomo. It was so so so neat. I couldn't think of a better way to say bye to this incredible city than by being able to see every bit of it from a birds eye view. It was gorgeous. I love this city so much! I am so sad that I have to leave. I'm making a point to be back soon. Today we are heading to Venice and then home tomorrow. I could cry. 

The hillside. You can see the Medici villa.

One of the old walls that lined the city.


Piazza de Michaelangelo.

The Duomo.

I asked for ice at dinner. That's service.



Pointe Vecchio.

Grandma and I match!


View from Pointe Vecchio.

Pointe Vecchio.

I got a gorgeous black and white water color from this cute artist.
I'm so excited!

463 steps!

Statues inside the Duomo.


Closer view.



The frescos are huge when you get so close.


View from the top of the Duomo.








Old/restored tools they used to make the dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment