Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WARING: THE WORDS BODY AND IMAGE USED WAY TOO MUCH

One of my favorite blogs to read is C.Jane Enjoy It. The amazing writer of this blog is having her friend do a once-a-month guest blog post on body image. During my life I have learned a lot about body image and how distorted the world's view on body image is. I am passionate about helping people realize these lies that the media has put everywhere about body image, they are just that-lies. When you have five minutes please read this month's body image blog post from C.Jane Enjoy It here.- family and friends it would mean a lot to me if you did. This may help you better understand my view on body image and why I hate the world's view on it so much. 
The way you look or the number on the scale does not determine how beautiful or amazing you are - it does not determine your self worth. When thinking about this you may say to yourself "well I don't let those things determine my self worth." Think about the times when you hop on the scale in the morning and the number is 5 lbs more than you want it to be, or you are having one of those days where you just feel not cute. (If you don't ever have those days good for you.) Really, think about it, those things end up determining your mood and how you present yourself that morning, which usually ends up staying for the whole day. These bad feelings about yourself and the repercussions of them will most likely hold you back from your full potential for that day. Work little by little at not letting those things effect you. When bad thoughts about yourself come to your mind, every time they do, replace the thought with 3 positive things about yourself (they don't need to be physical) and see what happens. As you get in the habit of doing this you will start to understand your true worth-which is great worth.

3 comments:

  1. I just love you Kenz. You're so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the cutest. love you kenz & miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenzie! This is the first time that I have read your blog, and this is just the post I needed today! Thanks girlie! You are so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete