Sunday, October 23, 2011

The One

I have a question for all you marrieds..Does "prince charming" ever really come? I find myself in a not-so-fun breakup about once a semester. And can I just say AMEN T-SWIFT why do we bother with love if it never lasts? I  ask myself that pretty frequently. I am a romantic (surprise!) but I am sick of heartbreak.  You know those relationships where you feel like this might be the one only to eventually find out he's not, and sometimes i'm-crazy-to-ever-think-he-was definitely not? Why do I put myself through that? Every relationship ends, except one. And that ladies and gents is why I keep putting myself through heartache because I believe it will all be worth it when it leads me to finding the one.  The one that makes me realize I was missing something in my life before I had him. The one that makes me love more than I ever thought I was capable of. The one that loves me even though I am so dang crazy. The one that appreciates that I went on a mission. The one that helps me realize that God's timing in me finding him was the right timing. The one that wants me to be his children's mommy. The one that makes me thankful for twists and turns in my life because they led me to him.   The one that makes me grateful for all my heartbreaks because they made me realize what I wanted in him.  The one I want to spend eternity with. The one that makes me so happy I waited to find him. The one that makes me happy I didn't settle before. The one that makes me believe, for once, in happily ever after. The one who is my own prince charming. 

4 comments:

  1. Seriously. This is how I feel about my husband. It's totally worth it. Take it from someone who dated a lot and went through many tear filled breakups. Being patient pays off. Love like you described doesn't come quickly. It's not just about finding the right boy - but about being the right girl. AND about being patient enough to realize that the boy you think you're not interested in... is actually the boy that will make you happier than you ever thought possible. I hope i'm not sounding too cheesy - but I seriously feel for you. Heartbreak is no fun - but then you find the one person that makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much shantel! Exactly what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the queen of doubt when it came to me finding "the one". But I can honestly say that my path of broken hearts, tears, and sleepless nights led me to Justin. I also find it interesting that I found my husband at a time when my testimony and spiritual strength was higher than it ever had been before. I also realize that my dating history, or lack thereof, is exactly what Justin needed in his life because of the dating history that he had had. Don't lose hope. I know dating sucks, but if you keep at it, and stay close to the Lord, He will lead you to the one you're supposed to be with, and you'll never have to have an akward first date or heart wrenching break up ever again! Its worth it. I promise. Married life is such a better way of living.I love ya Kenz. If you ever need to talk im here!

    ReplyDelete