Monday, October 10, 2011

I think you'll benefit in reading this

I read this talk by President Uchtdorf called "Forget Me Not". It was from the general relief society meeting. President Uchtdorf talked about the flower called "forget me not"s that are little flowers that are beautiful yet sometimes overlooked. He explained things that we must not forget or overlook in this life. It was so inspiring and refreshing to hear. Here are some quotes from the talk that I loved;


..."be thankful for all the small successes in your home, your family relationships, your education and livelihood, your Church participation and personal improvement. Like the forget-me-nots, these successes may seem tiny to you and they may go unnoticed by others, but God notices them and they are not small to Him. If you consider success to be only the most perfect rose or dazzling orchid, you may miss some of life’s sweetest experiences."

"Our journey toward perfection is long, but we can find wonder and delight in even the tiniest steps in that journey."

"...We can ask ourselves, “Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?” There are so many good things to do, but we can’t do all of them. Our Heavenly Father is most pleased when we sacrifice something good for something far greater with an eternal perspective. Sometimes, that may even mean nurturing small but beautiful forget-me-not flowers instead of a large garden of exotic blooms."




"forget not to be happy now."



Talking about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory President Uchtdorf says .."So many people today are waiting for their own golden ticket—the ticket that they believe holds the key to the happiness they have always dreamed about. For some, the golden ticket may be a perfect marriage; for others, a magazine-cover home or perhaps freedom from stress or worry."

"The lesson here is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us."

"You are not forgotten."

"God loves you because you are His child. He loves you even though at times you may feel lonely or make mistakes."

"The love of God and the power of the restored gospel are redemptive and saving. If you will only allow His divine love into your life, it can dress any wound, heal any hurt, and soften any sorrow."

I try to make my blog posts kosher for everyone who reads them, but I want to say something that some of you may not believe, but I believe it to be true and I want to share what I believe with you. 
I want you all to know that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church upon the earth. It is the only church that has the fullness of God's plan. A plan that makes it so that we can be with our families forever. A plan that brings joy and comfort to our lives. I know that living this plan will bring us lasting joy, a joy that nothing else can bring you. I know this because I have felt this joy that comes from living God's plan and I have felt the sorrow that comes when you do not. God's plan for us is miraculous and perfect. He knows what we need and when we need it, even if we may not want it. He loves us and knows us. He wants us to succeed and does everything He can to help that happen. He is rooting for us. I know that we are not left alone. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are there with us every step. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that through him we can reach our full potential, potential that is truly great. Christ loves you perfectly, he knows your struggles, your pain, your happiness, and your desires. He will never ever forget you, for you are engraved onto his hands. How could He forget you?  
Want to learn more about what I believe? Click here.
Also, read the above talk here.

No comments:

Post a Comment